Vicem Yachts : Vicem Yachts has announced that the new Custom 65’ Flybridge has successfully been launched today.
If there is one word that describes the all-new 65 footer offering, it is spacious. With a beam of 18′,5” there is sufficient interior volume to choose between spacious two and three cabin designs, to offer luxurious galley-up or galley-down choices, or to add a convertible office or a dinette below.
Ever since the foundation in 1991, Vicem Yachts has always been focused on three core values: total customization, impeccable craftsmanship and timeless design. This has been reciprocated in this newest Flybridge. A “modern classic” – the all new Vicem 65 Classic FB – is handcrafted from the finest materials available and considered to be the best in its class and size range.
This yacht – designed by Vicem’s in-house design team – has a handsome classic look and provides a quiet, smooth ride because of Vicem’s superior design and construction technique. Vicem 65 Classic FB unveil during the Palm Beach International Boat Show has a galley-up and the below deck offers 3 cabins plus an additional berth accessible from VIP cabin for an overall of 8 guests. This unique 2 in 1 cabin showcases the customizability Vicem offers. Powered by 2X Volvo Penta D13-900 (2 x 900 HP – 662kW @2,300rpm) the 65 Flybridge it’s easy to drive thanks to the Volvo Penta control system and conventional shaft drive. At 10 knots a long range of over 1,000 NM is featured, while at 22 knots of cruising speed it goes to 350 NM. Performance goes up to 27 knots at maximum speed.
All Vicem Yachts are constructed of African and South American Mahogany and Epoxy resin. Mahogany is a renewable resource, reducing our carbon footprint. Also noteworthy, is the fact that Vicem Yachts are constructed in clean factories without the smell of styrene emissions found in polyester fiberglass factories. Every employee at Vicem is a qualified carpenter, designer or engineer who goes that extra mile to ensure the highest quality in their workmanship. All wood on a Vicem hull and the keel, chine, sheer, frames, and beams are coated with epoxy resin serving as a moisture barrier.
The exterior of the hull and interior of the entire bilge and engine room area is further coated with a layer of E-glass cloth and epoxy resin that is finished with epoxy fairing compounds, epoxy primers, and poly-urethane paint. Over 151 Vicem Yachts up to 107 feet have been built using this time-proven blend of modern and traditional construction methods. The building technique used to create the 65 Flybridge is the same used for all Vicem Classic & Cruiser lines (Classic and Fly Bridge models, from 52’ to 80’) and the Cruiser models (from 68’ to 107’): the cold molded process.
A millenary, unique construction technique which embodies all the construction methods of the Turkish historical marine tradition; a modern procedure different from traditional boat building. Based on engineered wood construction, cold-molding uses laminated mahogany (coming from managed forests) and a specific formulated epoxy resin to create the hull, decks and principal superstructures. This results in a stronger and quieter vessel with a smoother ride, providing natural insulation from humidity and noise.
Here is why Vicem 65 Flybridge is making noise in the Yachts circuit…
Hull Designer: Yusuf Altundasar
Interiors: Vicem in-house design team
Exterior: Vicem Design Team
The Design “Wow Factors” include:
– The hight of the saloon and the cabins area is giving more space for the tall owner
– Instead of a crew room, a child room has been built as requested by the owner. Vicem designers team has created a very smart connection to the double bed cabin in order to have a junior family suit. Additionally the stairs have been used as an exit for the child room. This feature is particularly interesting if the child room is used as a crew space, for resale purposes extras. Just in case, the next eventual owner of this boat would like to have a crew on board, they can use this stairs for the captain private access with no direct contact with people living on the port side cabin.
– Standard guest cabin has two twin bed that can turn into a king size with an extra piece to put in the middle. This room also has a bunk bed with stainless steel stairs.
– Owner asked for a business working area at the galley space. Hand made stool and an integrated table have been built in-house by Vicem.
– Custom hand made ottoman and chairs inside the saloon area.
– Galley and all restrooms have marble floors and countertops.
– Custom stainless steel flybridge stairs has been conceived to offer maximum outside view from the saloon.
– Behind the helm seat the yacht has two 120cm long special drawers for extra storage. – Evenly distribution of the air-condition canals.
– All high gloss varnished.
Here is what the new proud American Owners of this Yacht had to say:
Q. Why did you choose Vicem Yachts?
A. The quality of the workmanship is second to none. And the value is clear. We also liked the fact that it feels very much like a family business with special attention paid to each customer.
Q. What were your expectations while building?
A. This is the second boat we have had built (the other with another company) so we were very eager that expectations were clear from the beginning and that they were met. This was the case every step of the way. And when we wanted to make changes to the interior design the folks at Vicem were accommodating at every turn and offered great suggestions after understanding our needs.
Q. Did those expectations get met?
A. Each and every time. When we needed another outlet, the answer was always just tell us where, when we needed more storage, the question was how much and for what. We could not have been more pleased with the whole process and they kept us informed each week with pictures and e-mails about the progress.
Q. What are the “wow” factors of your 65 Fly?
A.She really is a head turner. The fit and finish is very special. The master cabin and head are exceptional. The “bonus” room is very cool under the stairs. And the galley up works really well for us. The cockpit is huge as is the fly bridge. We can’t wait to spend many happy hours on her in the future.
Q. How did you like visiting the factory?
A. It was a super experience. We didn’t know what to expect and were so impressed with the craftsmen and that each and every part of the yacht was handmade by these skilled individuals. When they saw (Patrick’s) owner height they just made each door a bit higher! And their hospitality was welcoming and generous.