Guests during this festival season are always welcome. The idea is to be the perfect host and make them feel or rather experience the luxe life. Here are easy ways to prepare a guest room.
1. Don’t Use the Room for Storage. We all have extra stuff in our homes. And it’s always so tempting to dump all that clutter in the guest room. If we are able to change this habit and ensure the space remains decluttered of all those extra boxes andclothes, we have already won half the battle. This will ensure that you are ready for a guest at all times and don’t have to hassle much during the festival season.
2. Give it a Design Style. I agree that most of us don’t spend a fortune designing a guest room. The furniture from the master bedroom retires to a guest room. Don’t just dump the furniture there. Get it repaired and polished before arranging this space. Let it also not be a mismatch of furniture pieces. Continuity and uniformity is a must for the room to make it appreciable by the visitors.
3. Neutral Palette. Neutral colors are relaxing to everyone. If you wish to experiment with bold colors, keep them to your bedroom. Neutral colors promise an instant lavish feel with the addition of a few accent pieces. Neutral shades also provide for a more relaxing atmosphere.
4. Make A Statement. Having a wall gallery with some statement art pieces is a great way of adding style and luxe. A corner next to the window can have a lounge sofa with a coffee table for adding comfort as well as bring a natural element into the room. A throw on this seating can really add a glamourous look.
5. Avoid Mismatched Bedding. Even if you have decided to shift your old bed to the guest room, use new beddings and linen. Well washed and ironed new pair of bedcover and sheets along with some cushions in bright colors can play the trick. Mismatching linen in the room can be the biggest mistake. Use only matching materials.
6. Add Lighting Style. The glamour in a room can be a dramatic effect of lamps and kind of light they emit. Lights should always be soothing. The side table lamps can bring a unique look to the otherwise dull room. Add floor lamp or table lamp depending on the floor space available.
These were some very simple, time-efficient ways of making your guest room look attractive and appealing to your guest.
Our contributor of impeccable knowledge on day to day house care with her quick and easy to implement suggestions. Her knowledge makes our life easy- multi fold. Get enriched with her best suggestions… follow her.