One of the biggest attraction of Christmas is Cakes. Plum Cake is the “King of Cakes” when it comes to Christmas celebrations. Can anyone ever think about a Christmas without a Plum Cake…. Not me please !! Today we are baking the most special cake of Christmas – Plum Cake. I have slightly tweaked the recipe and added apples in the same to make it more enjoyable.
• 125gms unsalted butter and extra to be kept for greasing
• 200gms golden caster sugar
• 1 full egg, lightly whisked
• 150gms plain flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• Half tsp salt
• 1 tsp cinnamon powder
• Half tsp grated nutmeg
• 100gms pecans, roughly chopped
• 3 medium size apples peeled, cored, chopped into fine pieces
• 5 plums destoned and chopped into fine pieces
• 2 tbsp finely chopped stem ginger
For the Rum Caramel Sauce
• 200gms caster sugar
• 250ml whipping cream
• 1-2 tbsp dark rum
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
1. For the apple and plum cake, preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Grease and line a deep, round cake tin.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add the egg and two tablespoons of flour and mix until well mixed.
3. Beat in the balance flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix it well. Now stir in the remaining ingredients.
4. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until golden-brown.
5. Remove the pudding from the oven and set aside to cool slightly for some time.
6. Meanwhile when it is cooling down, you may prepare a rum caramel sauce
7. For sauce, heat the sugar in a saucepan for 4-5 minutes or until it becomes caramel. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
8. Gently heat the cream in a saucepan, keep on medium heat, then whisk it into the caramel to form a smooth sauce. Stir in the vanilla and add the rum now.
9. To serve, cut the pudding into wedges and serve with the rum caramel sauce.
Enjoy your Christmas with this divine cake. Merry Christmas from ” The Interior Directory Team “.
Who doesn’t want to know him…the provider of best recipes to us at TheInteriorDirectory.Com. Every time we receive some post from him, the heart fumbles & tumbles and you get onto a gastronomic journey with him…so it’s best to be in touch with him…