Yule Log Cake represents the true spirit of Christmas season. It is one of the “must haves” for Christmas get-togethers. You would find almost all bakeries and confectioners selling Yule Log cakes during Christmas month. So let’s make our own Yule Log this time. Please enjoy the easy recipe for Chocolate Yule Log cake.
For Cake Base
- 3 Full Eggs
- 100-80 gms golden caster sugar
- 85g plain Flour ( about 2 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
For The Filling & Icing
- 50g full fat butter
- 140g dark chocolate, broken into squares then easier to melt.
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 284ml pot double cream
- 200g sifted icing sugar
- 2-3 extra-strong crushed mint
- Icing sugar and holly sprigs to decorate – please remove them before eating.
- Pre-Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas
- Grease and line a 23 x 32cm Swiss roll tin with baking parchment paper. Beat the eggs and sugar together. You may also use the electric whisk. Do it until thick and creamy.
- Mix the flour, cocoa and baking powder, then gently mix into the eggs. Mix in very carefully, then pour into the ready swiss roll tin. Now tip the tin from side to side to spread the mixture into the corners. Bake for 10 mins in the pre-heated oven.
- Lay a sheet of baking parchment on the work surface. When the cake is ready, tip it onto the parchment, peel off the lining paper, then roll the cake up from its longest edge with the paper inside. Leave to cool.
- To make the icing, melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Take from the heat and stir in the syrup and 5 tbsp cream. Beat in the icing sugar until smooth. Gently whisk the remaining cream until it holds its shape. Unravel the cake, spread the cream over the top. Gently roll up again into a log.
- Cut a thick diagonal slice from one end of the log. Lift the log on to a plate, then arrange the slice on the side with the diagonal cut against the cake to make a branch.
- Spread the icing over the log and branch (don’t cover the ends), then use a fork to mark the icing to give the effect of tree bark. Scatter with unsifted icing sugar to resemble snow, and decorate with available ready-made flowers and bushes. This would complete the look.
- Enjoy your Christmas with Yule Log Cake.
Who doesn’t want to know him…the provider of best recipes to us at TheInteriorDirectory.Com. Every time we receive some post from him, the heart fumbles & tumbles and you get onto a gastronomic journey with him…so it’s best to be in touch with him…