Kheer is widely prepared in almost every Hindu festival. It is a simple Raksha Bandhan recipe which every sister needs to try and pamper their brothers with. I have gone less on dried fruits but you may want to put more as per your brother’s choice. It is time to get to the kitchen and start preparing this Raksha Bandhan special easy to prepare kheer recipe.
KHEER – INDIAN RICE & MILK PUDDING
Ingredients : Servings 6
- 100 g basmati rice, washed and drained
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 litre fresh milk
- Cardamom powder, to taste
- 3 -5 chopped plain pistachios or 3 -5 almonds, for garnishing (I prefer pistachios)
- Wash the rice in 2-3 changes of water.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Now pour the fresh milk into a large pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add rice.
- Cook on slow fire for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Bring to a boil twice again.
- Stir constantly. Don’t leave the kheer unattended at this stage. Keep stirring to avoid it getting stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Lower flame and check if the rice is soft.
- Stir in cardamom powder.
- Add the condensed milk (make sure that the flame is low).
- Cook for another 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Cook till the kheer reaches the consistency of porridge or the desired consistency of your choice.
- Remove from flame.
- Transfer kheer into a large serving bowl.
- Garnish with chopped nuts.
- Do NOT cover the bowl.
- Allow the kheer to cool down to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve cold and tell your favorite brother…”ENJOYYYYYY”!
Who doesn’t want to know him…the provider of best recipes to us at TheInteriorDirectory.Com. Every time we receive some post from him, the heart fumbles & tumbles and you get onto a gastronomic journey with him…so it’s best to be in touch with him…